- Combine yeast, flour, and sugar, whisk into water. Let sit 30 minutes, it should be foamy. If not start again, yeast could be bad.
- Put flour and salt into in large bowl, add yeast mixture, then add water. Start with 1 1/2 cups, , add olive oil and stir well with wooden spoon to combine. Add more water if dry. Dough should be slightly sticky and moist.
- Remove to board and knead about 20 times. Grease bowl with olive oil, put dough back in bowl and coat dough lightly with olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and a dish towel. Put in a warm place, 75 to80 degrees. Let rise until doubled in size about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down, knead 2 to 3 times.Form into ball, cut into 4 equal parts, form each into a ball.Put on lagre bakinr sheet or two smaller ones. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise about 30 minutes. Separate each ball into 2 equal parts, flatten with plam of hand, strtch into rectangles about 10 x 4 inches.
- After all have been shaped, brush with olive oil. You may bake at 425 for 10 minutes or until crispy or grill. Make sure the grill is medium hot. Put on grate, close lid, grill about 3 to 4 minutes. Check to make sure its not too hot. Flip to other side, close lid, cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer. Remove, cool and enjoy. Makes 8 large pieces of flatbread.